Friday 9 May 2014

2014 JINX NIGHT MATCH



2014 JINX NIGHT MATCH
FRIDAY MAY 9th 

Well today it's my night match and just to be sure i didn't miss it i'd sorted at work to do 6am to 2pm in the warehouse, and with the draw at 5.30 this would give me plenty of time. !!!!!

Well that plan fell apart as at 2pm i was driving past Rolfs up the M40 on my way to Rugby to deliver 2 pallets and then on to Birmingham to collect 2 pallets.

I made the call to Nick W to sort the match and finally arrived at Rolfs just on 8.30pm (as i also had to return to Newbury to drop the pallets and collect my gear).

My home for the evening was one of the pegs i fished last week being peg 28  so all i took out of my bag was 1 top kit and the same rig i've used for the past couple of matches.

I started fishing just after 9pm so only missed about 11/2 hours of the match and instantly was hooked into what turned out to be a 19lb 12oz Mirror which wa quickly followed by it's slightly smaller cousin being a 18lb 4oz Common.

I knew although i started very well that i was way behind everyone else as Micky C on 13 already had 11 Carp before i'd wetted a line and most others weren't far behind him either but that didn't bother me as i'd caught so was more than happy.

Well cutting a long story short i ended up with 18 Carp and a weight of 236lb 5oz and 3rd overall.
WELL HAPPY WITH THAT RESULT
My second 200lb+ of the year

TOP 7 ON THE NIGHT

  1. Micky C       323lb 11oz
  2. Paul Jay       238lb 2oz
  3. Malc D        236lb 5oz
  4. Dai T           205lb
  5. Simon W     170lb
  6. Nick W        142lb
  7. Nick W-P    101lb



No comments:

Post a Comment